The European Cetacean Society published the following notice about one of its Workshops:
“Feel free to participate in our workshop: ‘5 th workshop on
Communicating Marine Mammal Science to the general public’
which will be held on Sunday, April 30th 2017 form 9:00-17:00 in
Middelfart, Denmark, a day before the begin of the 31st Conference of
the European Cetacean Society.
This workshop is organized by Volker Smit, NGO MEER, Berlin, Germany
(firstname.lastname@example.org <mailto:email@example.com>) and Dr. Luigi Bundone,
Institution: Archipelagos ambiente e sviluppo, Italia
participation fee is 25 euros to be paid in cash on site.
To register, please e-mail Volker Smit: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are excited to have Silke Carsten a marketing specialist talking
about MARKETING FOR SCIENTISTS How to benefit from Marketing tools in
the area of marine mammal science?.
The workshops aims to:
* exchange about marketing and fundraising,
* exchange and develop applicable protocols to address education,
* exchange experience in addressing the media,
* exchange ideas and knowledge in new science teaching tools,
* foster general networking with all stakeholders,
* share information about sources related to education,
* exchange about the outreach of education and
* support ECS to address educational questions.
The following sessions are scheduled:
1) MARKETING FOR SCIENTISTS: How to benefit from Marketing tools in
the area of marine mammal science.
2. The long term project MEER La Gomera: a marketing and fundraising
perspective: past, present and future!
3.Communicating Mediterranean monk seal conservation in Mauritania:
4. Are protocols and guidelines necessary in order to communicate
marine mammal science to a wide audience?
To download the workshop agenda visit the ECS website:“