WHO estimates reveal that :
- More than 430 million people (5% of the global population) live with disabling hearing loss resulting from a range of causes. This number is projected to increase substantially in the next decades unless action is taken to mitigate the risk factors for hearing loss.
• 1.1 billion young people worldwide could be at risk of hearing loss as a result of unsafe listening practices.
• Among teenagers and young adults aged 12–35 years in middle and high-income countries:
– nearly 40% are exposed to potentially damaging sound levels in recreational venues such as nightclubs, discotheques, and bars.
– nearly 50% face the risk of hearing loss due to listening at high volumes or for prolonged time periods over their personal